Friday, September 16, 2011

First Doxirubucin without Cis Platin

Happy (almost?) Fall Y'all! ;)

I just went to Walmart with Lindsay, Abbie and Rory and I bought me a little pumpkin :D
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall time.
Halloween, everything pumpkin, orange, red, yellow, Thanksgiving, rain, jacket/hoodie weather, etc... It just makes me happy inside :)

Well... I better start writing about Doxirubucin or however you spell it.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I thought I was going to be really nauseous and throwing up the whole time like Cis Platin. But I didn't get really nauseated at all. I didn't want physical therapy to come in while I was there BUUUUT... I "had" to have it. The first day wasn't all that bad and I actually got to go down to the "Rehab Gym" and that was cool.

I went in to Doxirubucin with my feeding tube and I HATE that thing. Whenever I would swallow a normal bite size amount of food it would hit my feeding tube and pull it down in my nose which would usually result to 5+ sneezes and me wanting to yank the thing out.
So... I was hoping that I had gained enough weight to take the feeding tube out but when I got there they wanted me to keep it in another SIX WEEKS until I was back to my starting weight. Which was 102. I was of course NOT happy about that. So I spent my whole stay basically just frustrated with it.
On the last night of chemo I started feeling really nauseous. I got up to go to the bathroom and layed back down on my bed and I threw up, and I kept throwing up violently and I threw up my feeding tube. So it was in my nose down my throat and coming out my mouth... (Sorry if that was TMI) The nurse had to take it out... Well it was around midnight and since it was very traumatizing for me I did NOT want to put a new one in because that's just as traumatizing as throwing it up. So we didn't put it in.

After a whooooole lotta drama, I got to have a say in putting it back in and obviously, I didn't. But... I have to gain 5 pounds by next week or it gets put back in.

Lets hope that my counts don't go down too low for this one because me and Lindsay want to go to Boise next Wednesday. Its also Stake Conference for me on Sunday.

WISHMELUCK..

I'm getting tired and its late so I'm going to go now. Don't know when I'll/my mom will write next so don't expect another entry too soon. I love you guys! Thanks again for everything you do :)

Love always,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment