Monday, September 12, 2011

To The Finish Line!!

I am happy to report that Maddie's heart has repaired itself and we are moving forward with the chemo. I can't even begin to express the joy I feel today.  I can't believe I am happy to get chemo, kind of weird to say that.
I have no doubt that our prayers have been answered once again. Everything seems to be looking up, including her weight, she's up to 92lbs and craving food again. I'm not sure how long she has to keep the feeding tube in but at this point it's ok if it keeps her healthy enough to finish this. We will have 5 more treatments after this one, I can finally start to see the finish line to which I am so grateful. This chemo is a shorter hospital stay and we are not sure of the side effects yet because it was always given with the Cisplatin before. Hopefully she will tolerate it better than the Cisplatin. Thanks to all of our friends and family that have been keeing her in their prayers we love you all.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment